This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
How to Detox Uranium
Uranium is a common heavy metal on the HTMA. Uranium is a naturally occurring element but it has the potential to be toxic. I just wanted to make a short post as a reference for those that have noticed high uranium levels on their HTMA.
Sources of Uranium:
- Uranium is very high in granite deposit- so those that mine granite or live near a granite mine are at risk for high exposure
- Food grown in soil that is high in uranium (again, this would be from farms close to granite mines)
- Water (usually from fertilizer runoff!)
- Factories that use a form of uranium for the production of aircraft parts, plating, and munitions
- Uranium also tends to go hand in hand with radon gas– if you have very high uranium you should check your home for radon!
States highest in Uranium:
- California- a majority of the tests that I see with high Uranium are from those in California
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
Health effects of Uranium:
The most common side effect of excess uranium is decreased kidney function. Uranium can build up in the bones, liver and kidneys
What to do about High Uranium?
- Strengthen the kidneys
- Support the liver
- Dry Skin Brush!
- Mineral Balance– metals take the place of minerals when we are depleted. Replacing the minerals will help excrete the metals. But the above 3 steps are crucial as well to keep the detox system working properly.
Recently underwent a hair analysis which showed high levels of uranium. We live in Cebu City, Philippines, which is not known for any kind of uranium. So it’s a mystery where this came from! How should I begin to get it out of me???
Very odd if it’s not something commonly dealt with over there! I hope you figure out if there is a source because that can be a big factor in how you can reduce it. I have my mega metal detox post here: