This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Why I prefer Tinctures over Supplement Pills
For most of the time that Sassy Holistics has been up and running, I have preferred tinctures for most things vs supplement pills (whether they be herbal or “nutrients”). All of this can apply to teas and herbal infusions as well. I find that tinctures are better in a lot of ways:
- Liquids are better absorbed than pills, especially for those with low stomach acid.
- It’s easier to go slower with tinctures than pills since you can start with just a drop at a time.
- Tinctures are less likely to have a bunch of junk preservatives in them that can cause reactions (like magnesium stearate, silica, Maltodextrin, etc). It’s just the herbs and the alcohol or glycerin it was created in.
- TASTE is so important with our food and herbs. For many herbs, tasting it directly can make it more effective!
- I personally went through a time where I could not swallow pills at all, and it forced me to look into other options. I 100% believe that was meant to be though. While pills are convenient, they are often the easy way out and not always as effective as liquids.
Overall, my goal is to help you HEAL. Not get stuck on pills for the rest of your life. The more we learn about herbs on a personal basis, the more we know which ones are best for us and we can rotate between them as needed. Check out our HTMA package when you’re ready to get started!