What we do to help you heal
The natural health world can be complicated at times. There are many different products and programs that promise quick-fixes that may or may not even have benefit for you. In reality, there are no quick fixes when we want to heal. I went through this all myself, and found that way too many people hyper-focus on one organ, one specific illness, one diet, or one nutrient.
True holistic health focuses on the body as a whole. We don’t work on just the thyroid, or try to get you to drop 20 pounds in 10 days. We don’t take 20+ supplements a day, nor do we starve ourselves or do strict diets. My programs are designed with biochemical individuality in mind: we are all different and we all need different plans to heal. We also try to make things simple!
**A basic rundown of the things we usually focus on in our consults: gut healing, liver healing, detoxification support, thyroid and adrenal healing, some basic nutrition tips based on what you need as an individual, stress management, and more.**
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
HTMA is the best first step in figuring your your personal biochemistry. Minerals are at the base of our health: they influence our hormones, can impact our neurotransmitters, play a huge role in our genetic expressions, and more. HTMA gives us insight on how your body reacts to stress as well as what minerals you are deficient or toxic in.
Leaky gut is rampant these days. HTMA gives us a lot of insight on how well you are utilizing certain nutrients so we can see if you are dealing with low stomach acid, poor bile flow, or having issues with protein metabolism. In order to heal, we HAVE to heal your gut!
We live in a toxic world. When our bodies are overloaded with toxins, we become tired, grumpy, and sick. Our plans include gentle support in healing the liver, the lymph, the kidneys, and the whole detoxification system. As we work on balancing minerals, the body works up more strength to get rid of toxins (heavy metals, parasites, etc), so we add in extra support to make healing easier.
Since HTMA gives us a good view on what nutritional imbalances you have, we can make some changes to make sure we get more of what you need. We all have to eat: why not make the most of your diet with nutrient dense foods? Learning what YOUR personal balance is can be an essential healing tool and takes a lot of the guessing out about what nutrients you need as an individual.
Focus on your Main Symptoms
We try to work on the worst of what is bothering you right now. Having issues with sleep? Or bloating? Anxiety? Based on your symptoms and HTMA, we will find a way to help you start healing your biggest concerns first if we can so healing is more comfortable for you. Deep healing takes time, but we can absolutely make huge leaps in progress when we start introducing the nutrients we need. Long term healing is our main goal though!
Often, dealing with weight issues is a sign of a sluggish liver. As we heal, weight is something that the body starts to fix. Many of the things I use on my plans are intended to really get weight moving- but it is NOT a priority for the body. Some people lose weight quickly when we start healing, and for many others it is one of the last things to resolve. Part of my goal with HTMA and my healing protocols is to get people to stop looking at weight as a measurement of health. Part of this healing journey is learning how to really take care of yourself and accepting yourself as a whole (struggles included!). I’ve recently been investigating more ways to help with healthy weight loss as we heal, and if they are applicable to your needs, then I add them to our whole protocol.
Overview of what is included in the htma package
1) The hair test itself. Hair tissue mineral analysis tests for crucial minerals like magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc and copper. It also tests for toxic metals like mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum- all of which can create massive health issues. HTMA’s main focus is on the ratios of the main minerals. The ratios show us metabolism, thyroid health, adrenal health, hormonal balance, blood sugar balance, and cardiovascular health.
2) A written analysis of the nutrient levels and ratios. This is where the real magic lies, in a person’s ability to analyze the test properly. The information that comes with certain profiles straight from the lab tends to be a bit outdated and not personalized nearly enough. It doesn’t take into account the fact that many people are now suffering from severe leaky gut as well as very sluggish livers and lymph systems.
3) A 1 hour consult to go over the analysis, HTMA, and your main health concerns. We try to focus on your worst symptoms first so we can get some symptom relief while the real healing is going on.
4) Lifestyle and diet recommendations emailed to you after the consult. We try to write up our main plan as far as diet, supplements, and possible stress management techniques if needed.
5) A 10 page guide of our biggest tips to help create a healthier lifestyle and home environment.
6) Support while on the healing program for 2 months from the time of receiving your results. This includes email support only. If we don’t know what is going on with your healing, then we can’t help you! If things aren’t working out the way you hoped, please let us know and we’ll make adjustments. Please keep in mind that our email support is ideally used for quick questions, check-ins, and updates. In order to better serve you, if you feel your issue needs more attention than a quick email please book a follow up call with your consultant.
We will also have a private group just for our clients to chat on our new platform- coming soon!
7) And most of all: you get compassion. We truly want to help you heal! We understand how the body heals and we are no strangers to how hard it can be. We do our best to offer support and understanding to your personal situation.
Our Approach to HTMA
I am very pro-food based nutrition as this is how Mother Nature intended us to get our nutrients. Because of the state of our soils, it is imperative that we look for organic and nutrient dense foods. I use foods, herbs, and food-based supplements in my programs.
Many people are dealing with several imbalances and deficiencies at once so using food as medicine is gentle and effective compared to synthetic, isolated, and lab-made nutrients. Gut and liver healing are crucial as well and I put a big emphasis on this for those that truly need it.
**If you dye your hair: 4-6 weeks of new growth is preferred. The sample is that is needed is as close to the scalp as possible. If your hair dye has bleach or peroxide, you will have to either wait for new growth (or leave a hidden section un-dyed) or you can send fingernails or pubic hair. We encourage scalp hair though as that is the most accurate sample.***
This whole process only takes about 2-3 weeks from the time you order to the time of the consult. Once you place your order, I will send you an email within 24 hours outlining how to take the hair sample and where to send it. Starting 3/2019, we will be sending kits out with scales for proper measurement of the hair sample. Details will be emailed to you once you order.
It’s best to retest every 3-4 months to check progress so we can make any supplement/diet changes that may be needed.
I now have 2 employees that I have personally hand-picked and trained to read HTMA! They are both awesome ladies and they do things exactly the way that I do. If you consult with them, you also will still be getting my input on everything too (and you’ll likely get your appointment MUCH sooner by going with them!).
Notes to read before ordering:
* I cannot sell just the HTMA without the consult. Nor can we do consults without an HTMA.
*Please make sure your PayPal email is your primary email as I will send you my intake form, as well as instructions for taking the hair sample, as soon as you order.
*I use TEI Labs for my tests as they do not wash the hair samples when they receive them. The hair-washing procedure that some labs use can actually skew results for certain minerals like zinc, potassium, and sodium.
*Ask about family/bulk discounts too! Email email@example.com for info.
*Please be advised that Denise is currently only able to accept
US based clients.
Return policy: If for some reason you change your mind after you order the HTMA package, you have 60 days to request a refund. This is only valid if you have not sent in your sample to the lab yet. Please use within 6 months of purchase. Tests will become void after 1 (one) full year if not used.
Meet our Sassy Holistics Team: