This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
The Importance of Minerals: Why I love HTMA and Mineral Balancing!
I am often asked for some awesome resources that would help explain the importance of minerals and HTMA (hair tissue mineral analysis) to those that are either skeptical about the importance of nutrients or those that are just getting into holistic nutrition. I realized that while I have hundreds of links saved on my bookmarks bar, I haven’t ever put the best links into a post yet. I am a HUGE advocate for everyone to constantly learn more about health! I think that we all need to be our own best advocates and the only way to do that is to learn, research, and read, read, read!
So here are my FAVORITE links on HTMA, mineral balancing, and nutrition in general. Some are studies, some are articles, and some a big hard to decipher if you aren’t used to the jargon. But the more you read, the more you learn and that is the most important part.
The Importance of Minerals Directly from the 2 main HTMA Labs (ARL and TEI)
From TEI Labs: “Blood analysis for minerals is a good indicator of the transport of minerals to and from the storage areas of the body (extracellular).
Hair tissue mineral analysis is a good indicator of the metabolic processes occurring within the cells (intracellular).” (source)
From ARL Labs: A breakdown on what HTMA is exactly.
From ARL Labs: Specific information on each mineral and heavy metal
From ARL labs: Their Newsletters can be found here.
Studies and Articles about The Importance of Minerals
- Magnesium and Zinc involvement in Tobacco Addiction
- Copper Dysregulation: Basics, Pyroluria, Bipolar, Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome, Thyroid health, hormonal balancing
- Amazing Articles from Dr. Malter
- Zinc: Responsible for about 300 enzymes
- Magnesium: physiology and pharmacology, diabetes, Pre-eclampsia, info on mag and about 30 other illnesses, Magnesium deficiency induces anxiety and HPA axis dysregulation: Modulation by therapeutic drug treatment
- Copper: Metals and the Mind | Weston A Price , Copper-Zinc Imbalance: Unrecognized Consequence of Plant-Based Diets and a Contributor to Chronic Fatigue | Weston A Price , Copper deficiency symptoms, Type IX Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and Menkes syndrome: the decrease in lysyl oxidase activity is associated with a corresponding deficiency in the enzyme protein.
- More on Copper: Role in neurological disorders, The role it plays in lipid metabolism (fats and cholesterol, it is SUPER important!), health benefits of copper, All about Ceruloplasmin (the copper binding protein-this report is 119 pages long and incredibly in-depth)
- Iron: How to really balance iron, the higher the iron the higher the risk of heart issues, the role of ceruloplasmin in iron balancing,
- The Great Iodine Debate | Weston A Price
- Breakdown of major minerals and their uses.
Studies and Articles about Vitamins
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A: The Key to A Tolerant Immune System? | Clinical Education
- Infants, Vitamin D WAPF
- Ascorbic acid is not vitamin C
- The Importance and Uses of Vitamins
Now you can learn how to use HTMA in a holistic way right from me! Enroll in my Ultimate HTMA Training Course to learn EVERYTHING you need to know about minerals and how they influence our health.