HTMA with Kristin
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis for Better Health and Wellness
Rebuild. Renew. Remineralize.
What is HTMA?
Hair tissue mineral analysis tests for crucial minerals like magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc and copper. It also tests for toxic metals like mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum- all of which can create massive health issues. HTMA’s main focus is on the ratios of the main minerals. The ratios show us trends in metabolism, thyroid health, adrenal health, hormonal balance, blood sugar balance, and cardiovascular health.
A properly read HTMA can help you to determine your gut function, liver health, if you’re using up nutrients due to stress (like infections, mold, etc), and more!
What is included in the HTMA package with Kristin
1) The hair test itself. As mentioned above: Hair tissue mineral analysis tests for crucial minerals like magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc and copper. It also tests for toxic metals like mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum- all of which can create massive health issues. HTMA’s main focus is on the ratios of the main minerals. The ratios show us metabolism, thyroid health, adrenal health, hormonal balance, blood sugar balance, and cardiovascular health. HTMA is the BEST test out there for those needing foundational care as it shows us quite a bit of information.
2) A written analysis of the nutrient levels and ratios. This is where the real magic lies, in a person’s ability to analyze the test properly. The information that comes with certain profiles straight from the lab tends to be a bit outdated and not personalized nearly enough. It doesn’t take into account the fact that many people are now suffering from severe leaky gut as well as very sluggish livers and lymph systems.
3) A personalized email report that outlines your imbalances and my recommendations based on your current needs. These recommendations include foods, herbs, tinctures, and holistic health practices like journaling, dry skin brushing, castor oil packs, and more. This report will be 10+ pages and will also include an updated section for general health tips. You will get detailed instructions on how to implement your plan
4) Support while on the healing program for 2 months from the time of receiving your results. This includes email support only. If we don’t know what is going on with your healing, then we can’t help you! If things aren’t working out the way you hoped, please let us know and we’ll make adjustments. Please keep in mind that our email support is ideally used for quick questions, check-ins, and updates. In order to better serve you, if you feel your issue needs more attention than a quick email please book a follow up call with your consultant.
We will also have a private group just for our clients to chat on our new platform- coming soon!
5) And most of all: you get compassion. I truly want to help you heal! I understand how the body heals and we are no strangers to how hard it can be. I do my best to offer support and understanding to your personal situation.
Sample HTMA Reports
Frequently asked questions
4-6 weeks of new growth is preferred. The sample is that is needed is as close to the scalp as possible. If your hair dye has bleach or peroxide, you will have to either wait for new growth (or leave a hidden section un-dyed) or you can send fingernails or pubic hair. We encourage scalp hair though as that is the most accurate sample. The lab does not accept beard, armpit, or other hair.
Absolutely! It’s never too soon to work on replenishment of minerals, and I encourage women to do HTMA even before they think about conception. We have special suggestions for those that are pregnant or nursing since we cannot always use the same items as everyone else. HTMA can help to regain your strength quicker after childbirth or help to build up nutrient stores before you hit the postpartum period.
My favorite phrase is “turtle speed”, and we use that approach with pretty much everyone at this point. We didn’t get sick overnight, so rushing the healing process doesn’t always work out. We go low and slow with our recommendations, and at the pace that YOU need.
Blood, saliva, urine, and stool samples are only able to show that exact moment in time that they were tested. They are a snapshot of what is going on, and they can change significantly within minutes or hours. A hair sample shows us about 3-4 months of time so it gives a MUCH better view on how you are using your minerals.
We cannot accept samples from NY state, but the rest of the US is absolutely ok. There are some restrictions on international clients though, so email me if you have questions, or we’ll talk about it when you order.
Hair tissue mineral analysis shows us about 3 months of time- it’s a very solid view on what your body has been doing when it comes to your mineral levels over a longer period of time (versus blood or other tests). The main reason why we retest the HTMA every 3-4 months is huge- you want to make sure that you are still needing the program that you were originally put on!
Retesting ensures that we’re either on the right track still and do not need to deviate too much from what we are doing, OR it could actually be that things have shifted so significantly that it would be time to change everything around.
I’ve also seen in just 3-4 months where the minerals get significantly better and then we can move onto the next stages of healing depending on what the person is going through- usually more detox support for things like EBV, parasites, heavy metals, etc. Retesting gives us the best insight on how strong a person is getting in the process and when we can start introducing more into the healing program.
We also offer a retest discount price if you test within 6 months of your first test!
Why HTMA with Sassy Holistics is Different
We work on basic foundational care that EVERYONE needs, no matter what your current health situation is. We work on gut healing, detox support, adrenal healing, and nutrient replenishment. These are are crucial to work on if you’re trying to heal from a chronic illness.
We don’t use 1000 supplements! Our goal is to help you HEAL. Not to get stuck on supplements for the rest of your life. If you’re on 10-20 pills a day based on nutritional needs- that is NOT holistic and it can create more issues in the long run.