This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
How to Heal Varicose Veins and Spider Veins NATURALLY
If you have every dealt with vein issues, you know how downright ugly they can look! Most people seem to think this is just a cosmetic issue and we’re just stuck with it. OR they think the only way to deal with it is with surgery. Like usual, the medical community knows nothing about real health so they have no idea how to heal varicose veins and spider veins naturally! Shocking, I know.
I truly have no idea how that even sounds logical to anyone though. Everything seems to be “resolved” with invasive, painful, expensive surgery and yet the issues are never actually solved. This is exactly why people are taking things into their own hands and healing themselves!
What is the difference between spider veins and varicose veins?
Spider veins happen when little veins start to become more visible under the surface of the skin. They become very prominent and technically these are not dangerous in any way. Sometimes you can feel a bit of burning or pain in the area but they rarely cause big issues other than looking ugly. Varicose veins are more of an issue though as they are veins that are literally bulging. They do tend to create more symptoms like pain, itching, burning, or even swelling.
There are a few big reasons why varicose and spider veins happen, and there are a lot of ways to approach healing them. They can be a sign of bigger issues going on internally so I would definitely look into the following causes if you do have vein issues. Also, if you have hemorrhoids this is a related issue! So let’s go over all of this so you can get to healing as there are many ways to heal varicose veins and spider veins NATURALLY.
We need BIOAVAILABLE COPPER for vein health! Everyone is always screaming about detoxing “toxic” copper, but most people don’t understand the importance of copper for our overall health. You can check out my huge copper article here for more information too.
During pregnancy, our copper is more likely to become imbalanced. Copper TRIPLES during pregnancy and it can be very hard to re-balance it after birth because we need strong adrenals and a healthy liver- something very hard to maintain when many people are already in burnout when they get pregnant. Because the volume of blood increases during pregnancy it can also put more pressure on the veins in the lower half of the body, which is why it’s so common for women to get this issue after having children.
The basics of copper balancing:
- Work on your liver (the copper binding protein is made in the liver, and we need the liver to create bile to flush out excess copper).
- Work on your adrenals (healthy adrenals signal to a healthy liver to create the copper binding protein! We also need our adrenals to be strong in order to heal and detox).
- Don’t supplement with copper or zinc as these are not easy for the body to utilize.
- If tolerated use desiccated beef liver as a supplement for bioavailable copper (sometimes we need to work on liver and adrenals for a bit before this can be tolerated). Whole food vitamin C is essential for copper balancing as well.
- To figure out your copper levels you can do an HTMA and you can get blood tests for copper serum and ceruloplasmin (the copper binding protein).
Vein issues are also related to a stressed out liver and lymph, which can lead to a sluggish colon, which puts pressure on the veins in the lower part of the body. If you have vein issues and you are constipated- then you need to work on your detox pathways! You can read this post for more information on proper detox.
Here are some favorites of mine for detox support that can help to heal varicose veins and spider veins naturally:
- Dandelion root decoctions or tea– One of the EASIEST ways to help the liver is dandelion root tea. Go for ROOT for longer term use though, not the leaf (leaf is the majorly diuretic part of the plant). Dandelion can help those healing from cancer, infections, hepatitis, and its main purpose is to help cleanse the body. It can be helpful for hypoglycemia, UTIs, blood pressure regulation, acne, weight loss, anemia, jaundice, constipation, and more. Dandelion cleans toxicities from the blood, lymph system, kidneys, liver and urinary system. Since dandelion is a bitter herb, it is amazing for digestion.
- Herbal infusions like nettles, oatstraw and red raspberry leaf. Infusions are extremely nourishing to the body, and most of them help with liver, lymph, kidneys, and the adrenals.
- Fiber is also essential for liver health! I know- that sounds odd. But fiber is essential for cleaning up our bile which is what takes our toxins out. Read my post on bile and fiber here for more information.
- BioRay Liver Life is one of the strongest supports for liver healing.
And of course, poor circulation itself can create vein issues! The word to think of is “stagnant” when we have vein issues. If you spend most of your day sitting at a desk then this is a HUGE cause for stagnation.
Yoga can help with increasing circulation in a gentle and effective way. Legs on the wall yoga pose is an amazing pose to do to help with vein issues. Since we are always either standing upright or laying down, everything tends to settle in the legs. Putting your legs on the wall for 5-10 minutes each day can help to get circulation moving in the opposite direction for a bit. This pose is well known for adrenal support, soothing anxiety, calming down leg pain, and SO much more.
Rebounding, walking, stretching, gentle exercise, and massage are also helpful for circulation support which can help heal varicose veins and spider veins naturally. Herbs like dandelion root, cleavers, red root, nettles, cayenne, garlic, horse chestnut, and ginger are all amazing for circulation support as well. Homeopathy is also another way to address vein issues! As with all long term problems though I would search for a practitioner to work with so they can match remedies correctly.
Topical Support for Vein Issues
Of course, there are also some big options you can use topically to heal varicose veins and spider veins naturally. Since the root causes are internal you will still have to work on the steps above to help with real healing. But there are a few big things you can do to help with speeding up the process. These can also help if you are dealing with pain or burning in the area.
- Castor oil packs (read about castor oil packs here!) are amazing for lymph and circulation support. Generally, these are used over the liver area to help with detox but you can actually use them over specific areas that are bothering you, like your legs that have spider veins. You can use the whole pack over the area or even just rub the oil in.
- Wild Thera Vein Balm is a really cool herbal balm that you can use over your problem areas to help with healing and soothing.
- While not specifically for veins, Earthley has an amazing lymph cream that can help too.
- Arnica (used topically) can also help with the discomfort of these issues. I love this easy-to-use stick!