This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
What are Homeopathic Cell Salts?
Homeopathy is both fascinating and extremely complex. I am planning on going to school for it (starting next year!) so I haven’t delved too much into it so I can learn it from an expert. There are HUNDREDS if not thousands of homeopathic remedies out there. It can be quite daunting when you are not sure where to start.
So we will start with the “easy” part: cell salts. Cell salts are homeopathic remedies made from minerals. They help your body utilize minerals better, unlike supplements that just add a huge amount. Cell salts are gentle, safe, and very effective. Homeopathic remedies go off of both symptoms and personality profiles.
“WHY ARE CELL SALTS ESSENTIAL?
Because minerals are the foundation for enzyme activity in the body and serve as catalysts in energy cycles and functions.
For example, the body must first have minerals to make vitamins or make use of vitamins regardless of the source. Cell Salts are used in the basic functioning of the cells including water balance, digestion, removing toxins, elasticity of the cells, oxygenation, nutrition, sodium/potassium balance etc.”
Minerals are the spark plugs of life- without them, we simply cannot survive. Nearly everyone has some sort of mineral imbalance because our soils have been depleted of many essential minerals for almost 100 years now. Most people have several mineral deficiencies and imbalances and this is where healing can get tricky! Sometimes we need extra support like cell salts to help our bodies get back in balance.
There are 12 main cell salts. You can find them separately or altogether in some formulations. We are just going to talk about the individual ones and what their main uses are.
Calcium Cell Salts are mostly for bone and tooth health:
- Calcium phosphate- Calc phos: Helps with teething, osteoporosis, growth spurts, broken bones, sore throat, tooth remineralization, and it helps for those that feel overwhelmed often.
- Calcium Fluoride- Calc Fluor: tooth remineralization, helps kids with healthy teeth formation, teething, gum pain, good for colds and coughs, cracked palms or lips, spider or varicose veins
- Calcium Sulphate-Calc Sulph: great for colds, acne, rashes, liver detox, poor wound healing
Potassium Cell salts are important for emotional health and the nervous system:
4. Potassium Phosphate- Kali Phos: great for apathy, depression, adrenal health, mental fatigue, “wired but tired” feeling, poor memory, helps energy levels, anxiety 5. Potassium Chloride- Kali Mur: helps indigestion, chronic mucus, anxiety, depression, runny nose, dandruff, mental confusion, apathy, arthritis symptoms 6. Potassium Sulphate- Kali Sulph: liver and detox support, fatigue, hot flashes, joint pain, dandruff, poor digestion, acne, and inflammation
Sodium Cell Salts are used mostly for fluid balance, kidney health, and digestion support:
7. Sodium Phosphate- Nat Phos: morning sickness, low blood sugar, detox, kidney health, improves digestion especially an acidic stomach, headache on crown of head, teeth grinding, worms, gout and swelling 8. Sodium Sulphate-Nat Sulph: liver detox, depression, asthma, nausea, fear, depression, pancreas, helpful for those with excess bile 9. Sodium Chloride- Nat Mur: #1 for cold sores, fluid balance, dryness, overheating, water retention, PMS, high blood pressure, grief, dry skin and nails, chronic sinus issues
Other Cell Salts:
10. Magnesium Phosphate- Mag Phos: pain, headaches, magnesium absorption, whooping cough, muscle fatigue, spasms or weakness, cramps, and hiccups 11. Ferrum Sulphate: Ferr Sulph: inflammation, fatigue, infection, fever, anemia, increasing circulation, 12. Silicea- Silica: picky children, weakness, helps premature babies develop normally, remedy for bad vaccine reactions in both kids and pets, great for skin and nails So there are the 12 main cell salts! I am by no means an expert (although I hope to be one day) but these remedies can really be valuable for those trying to heal from any illness, especially adrenal fatigue. As far as dosing goes, it seems that most brands have different directions so it is best to follow the package or hopefully you have someone in your life that is knowledgeable on homeopathy. Read more on Cell Salts here: DoctorYourself.com LoveLoveThing.com All of the cell salts!
Can Cell Salt help with (eye) PVD?
I don’t personally have experience with that, sorry!
Is taking the cell salts that consist of twelve effective, or is it better to take individual cell salts?
It depends on your purpose. If you only need 1 salt it’s best to just take that one.
Do you read faces to know what cell salts are needed?
No, I don’t usually use cell salts in my own protocols. I highly recommend working with a homeopath for constitutional care.