Reducing Reactions to EMFs
It is nearly impossible in this day and age to not be surrounded by electronics. They are literally everywhere. TVs, tablets, cell phones, computers, WIFI routers, etc- you get the picture. It seems that those suffering with adrenal or immune issues are even more sensitive to electronics now. Now, we have to look forward to 5G coming and things are REALLY going to get difficult for many people.
What are the symptoms of EMF Sensitivity?
EMF stands for Electromagnetic field- these electronics seem to create a lot of radiation. Symptoms start to happen when our bodies cannot cope with this excess radiation.
EMF Sensitivity has been experienced since the 1970s, but it’s still a relatively unknown concept especially since most people don’t even believe in it, especially since it’s not exactly convenient to completely eradicate electronics.Nearly every public place has WIFI now, and they are even putting it in schools.
The World Health Organization says the most common symptoms are “dermatological symptoms (redness, tingling, and burning sensations) as well as neurasthenic and vegetative symptoms (fatigue, tiredness, concentration difficulties, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitation, and digestive disturbances).”
Most people report extreme fatigue, heat on the side of the face they used their cell phone on, anxiety, headaches (especially if you have metal dental fillings), insomnia, and adrenal surges.
How can we reduce our exposure to EMFs?
- The most obvious thing to do would be to limit our electronic use. For many, this is not an option since most jobs these days require constant use of a computer, phone, or similar object. But we can all work on reducing use when not at work or school, especially at night. I think eliminating screen time for at least an hour before going to bed is a good idea, and an easy habit to start. The EMF as well as the actual bright light in the face can interfere with sleep.
- Healing adrenal and immune issues can help. Being sensitive to environmental factors is a sign of an imbalanced nervous system. EMF sensitivity can also be much worse for those that have mercury amalgam’s or underlying infections like Lyme or EBV.
- Fixing nutritional deficiencies- minerals like magnesium,potassium and copper can actually be depleted by excess EMF exposure. Read more here!
- I LOVE DefenderShield products. I just got their case for the iPhone 5 and the Laptop pad and both are the *best* EMF protection I’ve found (and I’ve tried several things at this point). But both my phone and laptop no longer feel hot AT ALL with these products, and I am no longer fatigued when I need to be on them for extended periods of time. DefenderShield almost always have sales and specials going on too, especially if you buy more than 1 item at a time, and they have points that build up for future purchases. They offer protection for laptops, cellphones, headphones, tablets, and more. Now they actually have a blanket too- perfect for pregnant mamas that want to give their babies a bit more protection.
- You can use AirTube Headphones as well.
- Smart meters are probably one of the BIGGEST things causing issues right now with EMF sensitivity. If you have a smart meter, check out this site to find out how to place a complaint about it. You can also see if you can replace it.
- Use crystals like Shungite, Black Tourmaline, and hematite for strong EMF protection- you can use jewelry or just use them for decoration around the areas you need the most protection (like your router or computers!). I now have a few EMF protection crystals in my Sassy Moonchild Crystal shop. When it comes to crystal buying, it is as much about instinct and intuition as it is about picking a stone for a specific purpose. Sometimes we get drawn to one over another so looking at this page can help you pick one with your own intuition.
- Check out this awesome list for more ideas!