This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Breast Implant Illness: A Silent Health Threat
I’ve had a huge influx of questions about the long term side effects of breast implants, and I knew I had to put together a good resource for those that might be dealing with this issue. Some people aren’t even aware that breast implants can create illnesses because like with everything else, there is very rarely informed consent.
So what is the big deal about breast implants?
Silicone breast implants allow the gel to leach into the body. these gel droplets are picked up by macrophages (white blood cells in the lymph) and they can actually clog the lymph nodes. The gel droplets can also migrate to other organs, and in many cases the body cannot even excrete this build up. This build-up of silicon is what can create illness in the body because it is a foreign substance. The gel droplets can also pass the placenta barrier during pregnancy too. Implants can also rupture
The silicone can also initiate formation of auto-antibodies that can attack the joints, tissue, nerves, muscles, and other organs. There is a HUGE link between breast implants and auto-immune disease because of this. Implants are also supposed to be replaced every 8-10 years, but women are rarely made aware of this or they are told that they will last forever with no problems.
Symptoms of breast implants illness includes:
- Morning stiffness and numbness
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Joint and muscle pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Skin lesions and rashes
- Hair loss
- Dry skin, eyes, and mouth
- Pain around the scar tissue
- You can read even more symptoms here!
How to heal from Breast Implant Illness
- Think about getting an explant, ideally with someone who is knowledgeable about this issue and takes the proper precautions to do the surgery correctly.
- Strengthen your detoxification system, especially focusing on your minerals, liver and lymph and you can use HTMA to help figure out what you need to work on most.
- Use castor oil packs over the affected area if you have pain
- Check out the Facebook Group Breast Implant Illness and Detox Protocol for support from women who have been through this themselves.
- Read The Naked Truth About Breast Implants” by Dr Susan Kolb
- Check out this Instagram page– they have great info on healing from BII
- Eat a nourishing, whole foods diet:Nutrient Dense Foods- Fruits, vegetables; full fat foods like butter, ghee, and coconut oil; organic/grass-fed whole milk dairy products; fermented foods; eggs; grass-fed meat; beef liver every so often if you can handle it! Herbal Infusions are also a great idea. Nettles, oatstraw, and Red Raspberry leaf are the 3 best herbs for nourishment. Nettle infusions are full of vitamin K, iron, copper, magnesium and calcium, and they help the kidneys, liver, and adrenals
More reading and resources:
We’ve been able to help many women healing from Breast Illness Illness with our HTMA protocols.
Since we focus on the body as a whole, our suggestions help to strengthen your body before or after explanting, and it helps to heal from the symptoms associated with BII.