This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
It is just absolutely crazy how there isn’t more information out there on the varieties of blood sugar problems there are. There isn’t *just* diabetes.
People have blood sugar issues for a lot of different reasons like:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Liver Dysfunction
- Over-consumption of sugar (that’s an obvious one!)
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Underlying infections (like EBV, Lyme, parasites- they all create chaos!)
- Heavy metal toxicity (because metals can take the place of minerals and interfere with their functions)
So what are some ways to help regulate blood sugar?
- Aloe Vera– great for balancing blood sugar and it can help prevent diabetes
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Check for mineral deficiencies and heavy metals. Magnesium, zinc, potassium, sodium, calcium, and a few other nutrients play a role in blood sugar regulation.
- Support your liver- the liver helps to reduce blood sugar swings by 65%!
- Support your adrenals- The basics will be whole food vitamin C, unrefined sea salts, and either adaptogens or glandulars. But it depends on what stage of adrenal fatigue you are in.
- Berberine, Bitter Melon, and Gymnema are all AMAZING helpers for blood sugar regulation. The latter 2 are even great for getting rid of excessive carb/sugar cravings.
- Nettle infusions can help immensely with taking some stress off of the liver and adrenals, and provides many minerals needed for blood sugar regulation
- Bitter herbs play a VERY big role in overall digestion, including the proper utilization of sugar
- Eliminate process foods from your diet, especially refined sugars
- Make sure you get enough high quality fats and protein