This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
The Many Aloe Vera Health Benefits That You Need To Check Out
Do you know all about the aloe vera health benefits? Aloe vera is one of the first remedies I used that got me into the natural health world. I had been at the point that I couldn’t eat much without pain, which was an incredibly hard time in my life. Months of doctor visits, procedures, and medications kept making me even worse which is what lead me to look into other solutions. After a few days on apple cider vinegar and aloe vera, I started to be able to eat normal foods again for the first time in several months. My cycle also started again after disappearing for a few months. I was beyond impressed! That was when I ditched conventional medicine completely and never looked back.
Aloe Vera was first used medicinally about 6000 years ago and has been found to have dozens of health benefits. Most people have used aloe externally for burns because it is known to be soothing. That is exactly why it can be so good internally as well! It soothes the body from the inside out! Just make sure to get a good brand like George’s distilled aloe, which you can find in most health food stores or on Amazon.
We absolutely love aloe vera and find that it is an incredible addition to our HTMA plans when it is needed for a client. Since it is so amazing for gut healing, it can make a huge difference for those needing lots of support in this area!
Aloe is good for most people, but it is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women because it is a uterine stimulant. It helps women immensely with painful menstrual periods though.
Aloe Vera Health Benefits
- Balances blood sugar; can prevent diabetes
- Cleanses the colon and aids in detoxification because it helps to stimulate bile production in the liver
- Soothes inflammation, especially for the gut lining but it can help with overall body inflammation
- Helps promote hair growth
- Heals and seals the gut lining
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps heal ulcers
- Helps acid reflux, whether it is from true over-acidity or from too little acid
- Has been shown to possibly prevent cancer
- Helps to heal gum disease
- Provides nutrients like zinc, copper, magnesium, folate, B12, B1, B2, B6, niacin, A, E and C
- Helps with histamine/mast cell issues (source). This is why it’s one of our favorite remedies to start with to help those with many intolerances due to histamine and mast cell issues. It helps to calm down this stress so that they can start to heal and add more foods and herbs to their healing plan.
What Type of Aloe Vera is Best to Use?
Before I found George’s aloe I had tried some of the aloe juices in stores. They were full of sugar and preservatives so I really didn’t want to continue those long term. George’s Always Active Aloe Vera was the next one I ended up trying and almost a decade later it’s still one of my favorite remedies. It is one of the most common remedies that we recommend in our HTMA plans because it has so many uses: gut healing, liver support, inflammation and pain healing, and so much more!
This brand can be used easily too. There are recommendations on the label for people ages one and up! For most adults, 2 ounces twice daily is the top dose but starting low and slow is always best to test out your reaction. Keep in mind that if you have a latex allergy, aloe vera is a no-go (sorry!). Many people find quick relief from heartburn, GERD, nausea, and constipation when they start using aloe vera. If you cannot find George’s brand just try to go for one that has the least amount of preservatives that you can find or use it fresh.
Why do I recommend George’s Aloe Vera?
- 100% distilled from aloe vera leaves
- has no preservatives (super important because many aloe products have a TON of junk in them)
- tastes and feels like water, easy to use even for kids
- lacks the irritating factors that aloe vera typically has so you can get all of the benefits without the bitterness and severe laxative properties