Hi! My name is Kristin and welcome to Sassy Holistics. This site has become one of my most important accomplishments. I started this site almost 5 years ago and I’ve managed to make 260+ posts, and get about 13K members in my FB group.
My goal in life to help people feel empowered with their own health and wellness. You CAN heal if you are given the right information and the right tools. Part of healing is learning how our bodies work, what nutrients are most important for, and being open to learning about new healing methods and modalities.
Welcome to the world of mineral balancing, whole food nutrition, and holistic health.
To me, holistic health means treating the body as a WHOLE. Nearly all aspects of health are connected in one way or another. It’s time to stop treating symptoms, and start truly healing. I focus on 5 main ways to achieve and maintain health: Reduce toxins, manage stress more efficiently, find your ideal diet, heal your gut and balance your minerals!
So take a look around the site, especially the blog section. You can even “search” for particular topics so you can find what you are looking for with the search bar.
My Journey to Natural Health
I was almost always sick growing up and by the time I was 17 I was diagnosed with a chronic illness. I had chronic pain, migraines, digestive issues, depression, anxiety and I gained a lot of weight. I saw about a dozen doctors who just kept giving me more medications but they usually made things worse. I learned to just deal with the “fibromylagia” but I was majorly depressed for several years.
My life started changing a few years ago when my health was declining even further. I knew I had to make a major change both physically and mentally. I lost over 100 pounds and I started cleaning my life of negativity. I felt the fog lifting from my head and I realized that the typical lives we lead are just a recipe for disaster.
I finally started to learn the way to live holistically and one by one, all of my health issues started disappearing. It was the proof I needed that this was the true way to live. It was the push I needed to realized that I can help others break free of their illnesses and regain their health and happiness.
My goal in life is to help those that want to gain back their lives. Whether you want to get healthier or just learn how to “green” your life, I will be there to help. I want to help people learn the truth about what it means to be healthy. We have to change now in order to make our future generations healthier. Our children are now estimated to have shorter lifespans than us- that is unacceptable!
My Certifications and Education:
- I have my Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences from University of Natural Medicine, with concentrations on homeopathy and clinical nutrition.
- Holistic Nutrition Certification from Penn Foster
- Fitness and Nutrition Certification from Penn Foster
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Training with the Malter Institute
- HTMA Course through UNM taught by Dr. Wilson completed
- Certificate in Functional and Nutritional Blood Chemistry Analysis with Metabolic Healing
Introductory, Intermediate, and Entrepreneur Herbal Courses completed from Herbal Academy.
- Over 4 years of hands-on experience in the nutrition field helping people find their path to better health.
- I plan on continuing my education further afterwards as well. So much to learn!
- 2 years of training other practitioners how to read HTMA and utilize it in their own nutritional practice.
I have real-life experience
I’ve gone through so much and it has inspired me to try and help others. Between learning about our food supply and environmental toxins, to learning how to handle stress, I can help you figure out how to change your life.
Some of my posts about my own healing:
- Why I Got Into Holistic Nutrition
- Healing My Own Emotional Trauma
- My Experience Healing from Mold Illness