Alright, rant time!!!
I’ve recently been spending more time writing and learning more about the blogging world, which has been super helpful. HOWEVER. I have to say, I am so tired of this one huge trend going on. SOOOOO many people are focusing on weight loss STILL. In all of the “health” categories on websites or Pinterest, a large majority of the articles are just about weight loss.
Some of the most common headlines I see are:
- How to Lose Weight when you X Age
- How to Lose Weight when you are X amount of pounds
- Zero calorie foods you HAVE to eat to lose weight
- How to run for weight loss, and how to stop being lazy
- Why you need to lose weight NOW
- Lose 10 pounds in 3 days!
- Affirmations to help you to stop eating too much
I AM TIRED OF IT. TIRED! Weight is not a measurement of health, for one thing. HEALTH is your measurement of health. Being thin does NOT mean you’re healthy, I’m sorry/not sorry.
It’s 2019, and it’s time we get out of these ridiculous weight mindsets
The saddest thing is that most of these bloggers that are just focusing on weight loss are just doing it because it is a trendy topic. Well, I HOPE with all of my heart that we can start shifting this focus to actual health and well-being over the next few years. It’s time for change.
MY notes on weight issues to keep in mind:
- You don’t have to starve yourself to lose weight
- You don’t need to work out 20 hours a week to lose weight
- You don’t need to guilt or shame yourself into not eating
- Cutting calories means cutting nutrients and energy
- If you have struggled with weight issues your whole life, it is likely NOT YOUR FAULT!
- There are SO many reasons why people cannot lose weight- it is not just about overeating and not exercising
- It’s more about the quality of what you are eating, not always the quantity
I am so passionate about teaching people to learn about real health instead of just weight loss. I have my whole list of sustainable weight loss tips here! Plus, I actually made an entire ecourse about holistic weight loss, which you can check out if you click the photo below.