Can I tell you a secret?
We are all our own healers. We all hold the ability to heal ourselves already- inside of us! No external person or force can do it for you, but they can definitely help you reach your goals more efficiently.
Over the last year or so I have been really starting to call myself a “guide” more. Although I do have a degree in nutrition, I’ve never really taken on a title like nutritionist because it just didn’t feel right to me. I don’t love labels to begin with honestly, so I feel so much more comfortable saying guide- as that is what I do most!
My purpose is more than just telling you what to do- it’s about opening up a dialogue and talking about what you could be doing to heal. It is about getting you to either open up or explore your personal traumas that might need to be addressed. And mostly it’s about helping you to learn how to listen to the signs and symptoms your body gives you as you’re healing.
My Shift Towards the Inner Healer
This year, I have been trying to figure out more ways to give everyone the tools they need to heal. I’ve had the luck to be on the practitioner end of things for so long and I have spoken to thousands of people over the years. I’ve been able to see what truly helps people heal, and the people that learn as much as they can about health and wellness tend to struggle less on their healing journey.
If you understand how the body works, why certain remedies are helpful for certain conditions, and how we actually heal then it can take so much stress and concern out of the equation.
You see, when we were growing up we were taught to just blindly trust doctors with our own health. We could tell them how we were feeling but ultimately it was up to them to dictate what was wrong with us and what our treatment would be. They held the power, not us. They never allowed us to believe that we hold the power over ourselves, or that we could actually heal.
To help with spreading the knowledge, I have been trying to write more blog posts (I have almost 300 now). I also have created a total of 4 ecourses and 2 ebooks!
I have been so excited about these because it is time for us to become EMPOWERED in our own healing.
Also, try my best to keep things simple when I am writing or talking. I don’t make it overly scientific or hard to understand. Honestly, I’m not trying to impress anyone with my vocabulary or intelligence or prove anything about myself. Plus, I know what it’s like to have brain fog! So I am sure that a lot of the resistance comes from those that are worried they won’t understand. Or that they’ll be wasting their time. I promise that is not the case! I have always been known to make things much easier to understand, and that is my goal after all- I want you to learn!
The dynamic of “doctor/patient” is coming to an end. Once more people realize that they hold the power to heal within themselves, then things can really change.
Becoming your own healer
Becoming your own healer means:
- Recognizing your symptoms as signs from your body that something is out of balance- not that something is wrong with you
- Sticking up for yourself more, especially with doctors. Stand your ground when you are requesting certain tests or treatments
- Saying “No” more often when you need to. Stop being a people pleaser, and start putting your own health first. Cutting out toxic people or situations (like jobs) as well.
- Giving yourself grace while healing. It will take time. It will take a lot of energy and faith. But you deserve to spend the time on yourself
- Remembering the YOU are in control of your own health and wellness
- Listening to your intuition. We all have an inner voice to guide us, but sometimes we don’t hear it until we’re way into our healing journey.
Learn with me!
In my Sassy Holistics Learning Academy, you will find several courses now:
- How to Heal your Gut Naturally
- Whole Food Nutrition
- Holistic Detox Support
- A bundle with the above 3, at a lower price
- Holistic Weight Loss
- HTMA with Sassy Holistics
My current ebooks include:
- Foundational Care for Better Health: The 8 Biggest Steps to Take to Regain your Health and Wellness
- How to Heal a Hiatal Hernia and Support Vagus Nerve Health
Explore my site too! I have almost 300 posts on this entire site. You can click right here to see my page of the most popular posts, plus the tag cloud. I have a search bar on the top and side of the site so you can search for any topic as well. There is also a handy “random article” button at the top left of the site that’ll take you to a random article to read!
I truly appreciate the support over the last 4 years. It’s truly been amazing helping so many people find their path to better health. I hope that with this current shift, we’ll be able to get even more people on board. YOU hold the power to heal yourself- never forget that. Sometimes we just need the knowledge on how to achieve our goals!