Who doesn’t love essential oils?! I’ve never been a huge fan of the big MLM essential oil companies, mostly because I do NOT agree with ingesting oils. Some of the information out there about oils is absolutely terrible. I would only recommend ingesting essential oils under the supervision of a TRAINED aromatherapist (I highly recommend Learningabouteos.com to learn more about essential oils). Because of this dangerous info, I refuse to support those big companies and I’m so glad that Poofy has great information on SAFE essential oil use.
I view essential oils as natural forms of pharmaceuticals. They are most helpful for symptom control in acute situations. Many of these EO reps are unfortunately viewing them as long term solutions for symptoms though. Switching from a drug to a supplement or EO isn’t truly solving or healing anything. However, oils can be so helpful during the healing process, but they are SO strong and they need to be used sparingly and with caution. Dilution is incredibly crucial, which is why I love Poofy so much.
Poofy has a guide on how to properly dilute the essential oils. Using oils neat on the skin can actually lead to chemical burns or even create an allergic reaction after a certain amounts of time (not always on the first use, but it can happen with frequent use) (source).
Poofy Organics Essential Oils
Poofy carries some incredibly helpful and unique oils, plus a lot of the blends are already diluted and they’re now in roller bottles for easier use!
- Breathe Easy Blend: May help sinus and nasal congestion from colds
- My Breast Friend: Supports overall breast health and contains essential oils proven to be anti-cancerous.
- Sleepy Time: My favorite! Definitely helpful for times where you just cannot get calm enough to sleep.
- Plus they have Jojoba oil for your carrier oil, so you can make your own blends safely.
- You can see all of the single oils and blends here!