Dandelion Root “BulletProof” Inspired Tea Recipe- and why we add so much to our tea!
I love Coffee- but lately I’m trying to be nicer to my adrenals. Caffeine can be a real issue for those with adrenal issues- usually 1 cup a day is ok for most people, but if you can cut it out for a time then that’s the ideal. I really wanted to try a way to make tea version but I was worried about how it would taste. I actually spoke to one of my Mavens recently that mentioned how she makes hers, so I decided to finally try it out, and I’m kicking myself for not trying sooner.
Why Ghee, MCT oil, and Collagen?
We NEED healthy fats for proper health. Fat is not evil like we’re made to believe- it’s the right kind of fat that is essential. And no, I’m not taking about margarine- I’m talking about real, natural fats! I prefer ghee and MCT oil because they are easy for me and I do well with them, but you can use grassfed butter or coconut oil too. Overall, I’ve realized that most people with a sluggish liver/gallbladder tend to do better with ghee and MCT oil.
- Ghee is AMAZING. You can read my whole post on it here but basically it’s the best fat for fat burning, gut healing, and it can help with better detoxification (especially for those with a sluggish colon). I usually go with Organic Valley’s ghee as it’s easy to find locally.
- MCT oil from pure coconut oil is my other main choice as it is easy to use and very easy to utilize. It can help with energy levels, brain function, and more! Check out my full post here. I use Jarrow’s MCT oil.
- And of course, collagen! I love collagen for so many reasons- it’s an easy-to-utilize source of protein and amino acids, it helps with gut and liver healing, and it can help with healing the metabolism. I use Perfect Supplement’s collagen (plus they give my readers 10% off with the code SASSY at checkout!)
How to make Dandelion Root Tea (“Bulletproof” inspired)
- Brew 1-2 tea bags of dandelion root tea in 8 ounces of boiling water, let steep for 10-15 minutes. I like my dandelion strong so I use 2 teabags. You can use loose dandelion root too (1tsp-1Tbs of the root per cup of water), or even use your pre-made dandelion decoction.
- Pour tea into blender with 1 tsp-1Tbs of ghee, 1tsp-1Tbs of MCT or coconut oil, 1 scoop of Perfect Supplements’ Collagen (start lower on the fat amounts if you’re just starting out to test our your
- The other parts are going to be customization depending on what you want: you can add Ceylon cinnamon, raw cacao powder, or a pinch of coconut or organic brown sugar (yes, I know technically Bulletproof doesn’t recommend sugar in their coffee/tea, but I’m a rebel especially if it turns out more bitter than usual- I’m also not a sugar hater. Everything in moderation! ).
- Blend everything up for a few seconds and then enjoy! I was surprised at how frothy it actually gets, and I honestly am loving this more than my coffee version now.
Also, you can use your bitter herb supplement before drinking this to help utilize these fats even better! I love Herb Pharm Better Bitters, Herbalist&Alchemist, or Urban Moonshine for bitters because they all have handy, dandy spray bottles. Read all about bitters here!
My gorgeous cuppa tea this morning: