What to do when people think you are crazy for living holistically
Why is it CRAZY to be living holistically?
You know the look you get when you tell someone that you tried to feed your family organic food? Or that you don’t vaccinate? Or that you avoid antibiotics at all costs? Yea, I’m sick of that look, as I’m sure many other people are. People think that eating organic is “trendy”, that thinking for yourself when making decisions like vaccinating is “dangerous”, and that you’re incredibly stupid if you don’t listen to your doctor 100% because they are “Experts”.
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but things are a-changing! People are waking up to the devastation that is “health care” and they are being forced to take care of their own families when it comes to health. So many people just don’t understand the “why” behind natural living, so I wanted to put together a list of reasons why I personally came over to the dark side (which does have gluten-free cookies, by the way haha)
(Of course though, if you are able to just ignore the nay-sayers, that is even better! You don’t have to argue with anyone if you don’t want to. However, so many people just don’t know the TRUTH!)
Some Points to make for those all worried about natural living:
- Medical Error is one of the top causes of death in this country. The third main cause to be exact; right behind cancer and heart disease (which are pretty much man-made diseases for the most part thanks to environmental toxins and terrible dietary advice over the last several decades). (source)
- The USA is last in health on a list of the 17 most developed countries
- Kids now have shorter estimated lifespans than we do! Want to read more about the massive increase of health issues in kids? Click here.
- The leading cause of death of children ages 5-14 is CANCER. 1 in 5 children will get a diagnosis of cancer now.
- On top of that, 90% of cancers are environmental! Read more about these causes here!
- Over 2 million people are harmed each year because of the overuse of antibiotics. Superbugs are on the rise because of this overuse too. (source)
- 11% of the population of people aged 12 (!!) and over on at least one anti-depressant. (And take into consideration that “About 8% of persons aged 12 and over with no current depressive symptoms took antidepressant medication.” SOURCE-CDC So people ARE being given these pills for no apparent reason)
- More people die each year from properly prescribed pharmaceutical drugs than illicit drugs. Plus, so many of these other top causes of death on this list are related to DIET and are treatable or even preventable.
Anyone have any other main points to add? Anyone else scared of what the future will bring when it comes to how we view health too? Something really needs to change here as things are not sustainable as they are.