It is just absolutely crazy how there isn’t more information out there on the varieties of blood sugar problems there are. There isn’t *just* diabetes.
People have blood sugar issues for a lot of different reasons like:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Liver Dysfunction
- Over-consumption of sugar (that’s an obvious one!)
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Underlying infections (like EBV, Lyme, parasites- they all create chaos!)
- Heavy metal toxicity (because metals can take the place of minerals and interfere with their functions)
So what are some ways to help regulate blood sugar?
- Aloe Vera– great for balancing blood sugar and it can help prevent diabetes
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Check for mineral deficiencies and heavy metals. Magnesium, zinc, potassium, sodium, calcium, and a few other nutrients play a role in blood sugar regulation.
- Support your liver- the liver helps to reduce blood sugar swings by 65%!
- Support your adrenals- The basics will be whole food vitamin C, unrefined sea salts, and either adaptogens or glandulars. But it depends on what stage of adrenal fatigue you are in.
- Berberine, Bitter Melon, and Gymnema are all AMAZING helpers for blood sugar regulation. The latter 2 are even great for getting rid of excessive carb/sugar cravings.
- Nettle infusions can help immensely with taking some stress off of the liver and adrenals, and provides many minerals needed for blood sugar regulation
- Bitter herbs play a VERY big role in overall digestion, including the proper utilization of sugar
- Eliminate process foods from your diet, especially refined sugars
- Make sure you get enough high quality fats and protein
Have any other helpful tips for regulating blood sugar? Let us know in the comments!