Over the last 4 years, I’ve been learning as much as I can about natural health. I’ve come across dozens, maybe even hundreds of “experts” in the health field and at times information just gets overwhelming. But it amazes me how many people can be so certain that “their way” is that absolute best way, no matter what. I wanted to write a little bit about some of this advice that I’ve seen, and why it’s shaped me to preach balance when it comes to all things.
All of the “advice” I’ve seen:
- We should eat only fruit, or a fruit based diet.
- We should eat only plants
- Gluten is poison
- All grains are poison
- All dairy is poison
- All animal products are poison
- Too much fruit can cause birth defects
- We should only eat cooked vegetables
- We should only eat raw vegetables
- We should do weekly or monthly fasting
- You HAVE to exercise an hour a day, at least
- You will never heal without coffee enemas
- Coffee enemas are dangerous
- You’ll only lose weight with exercise
- You have to drink a gallon of water a day
- Only reverse osmosis water is good for you
- RO and distilled waters are not good for you
- And the list goes on….
This is why BALANCE is the answer. We are all different, we all need different things. There is no ONE way to live, but balance is such a broad term that it can work for nearly everyone. We have to remember that there are no quick fixes- crash diets or intense exercising can do more harm than good. Individualized Nutrition is the answer!
Check out my post on The “Ideal” Diet for more info on a real, balanced diet.