It is nearly impossible in this day and age to not be surrounded by electronics. They are literally everywhere. TVs, tablets, cell phones, computers, WIFI routers, etc- you get the picture. It seems that those suffering with adrenal or immune issues are even more sensitive to electronics now.
What are the symptoms of EMF Sensitivity?
EMF stands for Electromagnetic field- these electronics seem to create a lot of radiation. Symptoms start to happen when our bodies cannot cope with this excess radiation.
EMF Sensitivity has been experienced since the 1970s, but it’s still a relatively unknown concept especially since most people don’t even believe in it, especially since it’s not exactly convenient to completely eradicate electronics.Nearly every public place has WIFI now, and they are even putting it in schools.
The World Health Organization says the most common symptoms are “dermatological symptoms (redness, tingling, and burning sensations) as well as neurasthenic and vegetative symptoms (fatigue, tiredness, concentration difficulties, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitation, and digestive disturbances).”
Most people report extreme fatigue, heat on the side of the face they used their cell phone on, anxiety, headaches (especially if you have metal dental fillings), insomnia, and adrenal surges.
How can we reduce our exposure to EMFs?
- The most obvious thing to do would be to limit our electronic use. For many, this is not an option since most jobs these days require constant use of a computer, phone, or similar object. But we can all work on reducing use when not at work or school, especially at night. I think eliminating screen time for at least an hour before going to bed is a good idea, and an easy habit to start. The EMF as well as the actual bright light in the face can interfere with sleep.
- Healing adrenal and immune issues can help. Being sensitive to environmental factors is a sign of an imbalanced nervous system. EMF sensitivity can also be much worse for those that have mercury amalgam’s or underlying infections like Lyme or EBV.
- Fixing nutritional deficiencies- minerals like magnesium,potassium and copper can actually be depleted by excess EMF exposure. Read more here!
- Products like these for your cell phone (they have something affordable called a BlocSock for phones, or even a cool “retro” handset that plugs into your cell phone), or these for your laptops and tablets.
- Zappers- I use this zapper, and I have noticed it helps a lot when I need to use the phone or computer for long periods of time. I used to get very fatigued after an hour or so on either, but the zapper helps to prevent that. Usually zappers are used for eliminating parasites, viruses, and bacteria, but they can be “grounding”, which is why they help with EMF sensitivity.
- Smart meters are probably one of the BIGGEST things causing issues right now with EMF sensitivity. If you have a smart meter, check out this site to find out how to place a complaint about it. You can also see if you can replace it.
- Check out this awesome list for more ideas!