Have you been one of the countless people that believed the diet lies your whole life? “Eat low fat, low calorie, exercise at least an hour a day, drink a gallon of water, and only then will you lose weight”. Once I started delving into natural health I realized how absolutely ridiculous this advice is. So many of us have been yo-yo dieters: we’ll diet, lose the weight, then go back to eating normally, gain some weight back, then go on a diet again, and on and on it goes.Weight loss gimmicks are just created to make people money, and to make people think they are being healthy by dropping 30 pounds in 30 days.
Counting calories might help you lose WEIGHT but it will not make you gain HEALTH. Period!
Cutting Calories = Cutting Nutrients
This is one thing that most people wouldn’t even think of. If you’re consuming the average diet amount of 1200 calories then you could be cutting your nutrient intake down significantly. Our food is depleted of many nutrients to begin with so this will begin to create so many imbalances and deficiencies.
Cutting Calories = Reducing Energy
Calories are literally units of energy. Cutting them down will reduce your overall energy output, especially if you are also exercising long periods of time as well. This is the quickest way to put yourself into burnout unfortunately.
Healing Requires Nutrients and Energy
We need minerals like magnesium and copper for ATP energy production. We need minerals for cortisol and aldosterone regulation. We need fat and cholesterol for hormonal regulation. We need strong livers to help digest fats. For those that spent years on the yo-yo diets, we’ve been severely depleted of nutrients which has impacted our ability to heal. The diets damaged our metabolisms and it will take time to get back into balance. We need nutrient dense foods to truly heal!
- Don’t fear fat!
- Don’t fear calories! Calories= energy
- Don’t fear REAL sugar– From Empowered Sustenance
- Get enough protein
- Learn How to lose weight without losing your mind
- Check out my recent post for my top ten tips on sustainable weight loss!
- Look into mineral balancing to help restore your nutrients
- Check out this interesting article about why diets don’t work!
- And you can also ready about why exercise isn’t the main thing that helps us lose weight anyway in this article. The author cites 60 studies about how exercise is NOT the key to losing weight.
- Love your Livers and Get that Bile Flowing!
- Remember that it is possible to gain weight while starting out on a nutritional balancing program. As you start to fix deficiencies and heal your liver, the weight will come back off- this time for good!
- Don’t neglect your colon health. We can hold on to old gunk (even more so if we’ve ever dealt with trauma in our life).
- An interesting post: How ‘adrenal fatigue’ could really just be an effect of starvation.
- From ARL Labs: “Many, if not all slow oxidizers are somewhat malnourished. This itself can lead to weight loss, but also to weight gain if one compensates by overeating in an attempt to obtain more nutrients. This is a very common situation, especially in those who live on refined foods. The body calls for more nutrients, so one keeps eating the ’empty calories’ in a vain attempt to obtain one’s vitamins and minerals.”