This post may contain affiliate links. This helps to keep this site running. Thanks for your support!
If any of you have read my whole Healing Journey, you’ll know that aloe vera was a huge part of my healing. I had just started getting into natural health and I was using aloe vera along with apple cider vinegar to heal my gut. I had been at the point that I couldn’t eat much without pain and doctors were doing absolutely nothing to help me. After a few days on ACV and aloe, I started to be able to eat normal foods again for the first time in about 3 months. My cycle also started again after disappearing for a few months. I was beyond impressed and that was when I ditched conventional medicine completely!
Aloe Vera was first used medicinally about 6000 years ago and has been found to have dozens of health benefits. Most people have used aloe externally for burns because it is known to be soothing. That is exactly why it can be so good internally as well- it soothes the body from the inside out! Just make sure to get a good brand like George’s distilled aloe, which you can find in most health food stores or on Amazon.
Aloe is good for most people, but it is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women because it is a uterine stimulant. It helps women immensely with painful menstrual periods though.
So what does Aloe Vera do exactly?
- Balances blood sugar; can prevent diabetes
- Cleanses the colon and aids in detoxification
- Soothes inflammation
- Helps promote hair growth
- Heals and seals the gut lining
- Reduces oxidative stress (could be great for those with heavy metal issues!)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Cures ulcers
- Helps “acid reflux”, whether it is from true over-acidity or from too little acid
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Cures gum disease
- Provides nutrients like zinc, copper, magnesium, folate, B12, B1, B2, B6, niacin, A, E and C
Have you used Aloe vera with great benefits? Let’s talk about it in the comments!
Want to read more about aloe?