This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you!) which helps to keep this site running. Thanks for your support!
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of books out there on health. Many of them are full of fluff and possess very little real information on how to achieve better health. Usually those fluff books have titles like “Lose 5 pounds in 5 minutes!” I always scoff when I see those books- weight is not a measurement of health. Starving yourself or eating nothing but cabbage soup for a month is not going to make you healthy, although you will probably lose those 5 pounds in 5 minutes. 😉
So which books are my favorites when it comes to REAL health?
- True Health and Nutrition Secrets by Dr. Russel Blaylock: learn about mercury, fluoride, vaccines, and more from a neurosurgeon. This was one of the first books I ever read about natural health and it opened my eyes to a lot of things!
- Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills by Russell Blaylock: All about how food additives damage the brain
- The Magnesium Miracle by Dr. Carolyn Dean : This book is a great explanation on why magnesium is so important
- The Magnesium Factor by Dr. Mildred Seelig: A very in depth look on magnesium, and it goes a bit into the relationship mag has with potassium and sodium.
- Chemistry of Man by Dr Bernard Jensen: This one was a school book for me, but if you are really looking for something in-depth on minerals, this is worth springing for. Honestly, anything by Dr. Jensen is amazing and helpful. All of his books focus on true holistic nutrition.
- Natural Baby and Childcare: Practical Medical Advice and Holistic Wisdom for Raising Healthy Children by Dr. Lauren Feder
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family Rosemary Gladstar is one of the top herbalists out there. Her books are easy to understand and follow
- Healing Wise (Wise Woman Herbal Series) by Susun Weed: Amazing herbal information for women. She has a few books that are specific for breast health, fertility, and menopause.
- The Iron Elephant– if you are new to the world of iron overload, this is a good start.
- Natural Detoxification by Jacqueline Krohn: This is another school book. It is a little old (published in 2000) but it has great information on how to reduce environmental toxins, and plenty of information on natural methods of detoxification.
- Eat Wheat by Dr. John Douillard: This book is a great read! Dr. John explains the link between the lymph and the gut, as well as why eliminating trigger foods is not a sustainable solution. You need to actually fully heal your gut!
So those are just some of my favorite books/authors when it comes to health. Some of these I found in the local library, others I bought.